Friday, July 2, 2010

What time is it? Video-O-Clock!

Josh:

Here are the videos I have promised over the last few posts. Finally! (Remember that I already mentioned that I am a terrible camera man. Please ignore it and imagine that it's the best video you have ever seen. I'm also really bad at talking during videos. Before I start the video I know what I want to say but the second it turns on I forget everything. Oh well.)

The first is my original office. This is the place where all the teachers go in between or before classes. You will have to excuse the sound because I was trying to be quiet (for some reason, I guess that I just felt that the office was a quiet place. I really don't know.) I'm not saying anything important anyway. Basically I'm saying it's my cubicle and this is the office.



The second video is the first part of the tour of my English Zone. I had to cut it short because the alarm was going nuts and it wasn't shutting off properly.



The third video is an actual tour of the English Zone and all of it's toys. This is where I spend my day during school. I don't really head over to the cubicle area anymore because everything I need is in my room (except for company but the quiet allows me to work, I suppose).



I don't remember if I posted this but here is a video of Mike and I eating bugs. Look at us being all manly and stuff.



This next video is a tour of the house that we are living in now. I haven't taken another video of the clean and furnished version of the house but you can at least get an idea of our house.



Here is a short tour of the town that Audrey works in. Remember that this is within the first week that we got to Korea so I am still new at everything in this video.



Remember many, many posts ago how I raved about my students' reactions to the Typhoon game? Here is a short recording of the ending of the game. Keep in mind that this is a mild reaction compared to my other classes. My favorite part are the kids jumping up and down in the background. I love it.



This next video is from another game I tried out recently called "Three Kingdoms". Basically each group represented a kingdom and they get army points whenever they answer a question right. They then get to decide whether to attack other kingdoms or build up a powerful army and be peaceful. This game is fantastic because it makes the other kids go to the other kingdoms and try to negotiate treaties, make deals and ask them to attack the other countries. They really really get into it as you see one of my students gets upset when he tried to get an alliance going but they refused. It's fantastic. What's the prize you ask? Nothing. Awesome, right?
(Note: You might want to turn the volume down)



Perhaps I will post more late. For now, you all have a movie to watch. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment: